Being a designer, no matter in which field, means you always work with clients and for clients and you always try to sell them your products. Because of that you have to be recognizable and you have to create your representative and coherent image. Your target group is specified and you feed it with relevant content. If you are in such kind of professional situation Off Competiotions are just for you!
1. Off design doesn't need to be coherent with all your 'normal' artworks. You don't need to think about your website look anymore, about expressive advertising campaign or customer perception.
2. Moreover, it should be different! It should stand out form the crowd, from fashionable trends and from your achievements to date. You can release your imagination and make whatever you want.
4. Off competitions are made for experiments. It's the best time and the best place to try new materials, new methods, color combinations because you are not afraid of breaking rules and conventions, not afraid of lose your clients.
5. You can expand horizons and open yourself a new way of life. Maybe 'off way' is just 'right way' for you? And who knows who will notice and appreciate your design?
3. Forget about utility. Your lamp gives only flickering, red light? Your building is to spacious and without thermal insulation? Or maybe your turtleneck is way too high and covers almost a whole face? It doesn't matter! Off project doesn't need to be useful and functional. It's rather an artwork in your field.
I got to Off Fashion Kielce semi-finals with this projects. Obviously, it's not how my brand will look like, but I let myself to do whatever my creativity let me to do. Next week I'll have my very first show called 'Chinatown - colorful darkness' so please, keep your fingers crossed!
I'm learning. I'm doing the best I can right now, and I'm getting better with it every day - Peter Clifford