Ok, the weather doesn't coddle. It's been around 0 for a while right now and finally I pulled out my winter clothes. Because there is no sun and it's really gloomily I try to liven up my looks, somehow. Without adding a colourful pieces it's quite difficult. But I try to make that by basing on monochromatic contrasts. I think it keeps my looks fresh and chic. Here you have some alternative shoes, which you can conform to your daily occasions, two belts which added to your coat makes it a lot more elegant and my favourite cashmere scarfs. For more info about these pieces follow me on Polyvore.
Being a designer, no matter in which field, means you always work with clients and for clients and you always try to sell them your products. Because of that you have to be recognizable and you have to create your representative and coherent image. Your target group is specified and you feed it with relevant content. If you are in such kind of professional situation Off Competiotions are just for you!
1. Off design doesn't need to be coherent with all your 'normal' artworks. You don't need to think about your website look anymore, about expressive advertising campaign or customer perception.
2. Moreover, it should be different! It should stand out form the crowd, from fashionable trends and from your achievements to date. You can release your imagination and make whatever you want.
4. Off competitions are made for experiments. It's the best time and the best place to try new materials, new methods, color combinations because you are not afraid of breaking rules and conventions, not afraid of lose your clients.
5. You can expand horizons and open yourself a new way of life. Maybe 'off way' is just 'right way' for you? And who knows who will notice and appreciate your design?
3. Forget about utility. Your lamp gives only flickering, red light? Your building is to spacious and without thermal insulation? Or maybe your turtleneck is way too high and covers almost a whole face? It doesn't matter! Off project doesn't need to be useful and functional. It's rather an artwork in your field.
I got to Off Fashion Kielce semi-finals with this projects. Obviously, it's not how my brand will look like, but I let myself to do whatever my creativity let me to do. Next week I'll have my very first show called 'Chinatown - colorful darkness' so please, keep your fingers crossed!
I was working on this project for last few days and I've send the result a couple of hours ago. The task was to think over how to connect classic, tradition and elegance with novelty and modernity in a set of four-star hotel's uniforms. It's rather kind of a puzzle, more than a creative concept, but I think it was funny to face the problem.
Strangely, I like my drawings this time! But unfortunately I lost the quality when scanning. Check my Instagram to see more realistic colours and a line smoothness. Wondering if you know any methods to digitize your artwork in an appropriate quality?
I'm learning. I'm doing the best I can right now, and I'm getting better with it every day - Peter Clifford